Our beautiful Kalettes! They look so beautiful, but what to do with them? Our grower is delighted to share a recipe that is on one of our labels.
- Simply rinse the Flower Sprouts and they’re ready to use
- Rinse the chili pepper and halve lengthwise. Remove the seeds if you don’t like your food to be too hot
- Finely chop the red onion, garlic and fresh ginger
- Rinse and drain the Kalettes. Optionally halve or quarter any large Flower Sprouts
- Blanch the Kalettes 3-4 minutes in unsalted boiling water
- Heat the oil and stir-fry the garlic, ginger, chili pepper and red onion
- Add the Kalettes and stir-fry over a high heat for a few seconds
- Season with a little soy sauce and some sesame seeds.
Tip: Delicious served with noodles or rice as a main course. Or as a side dish with a Chinese meal.