Looking for a new summer dessert recipe? Try this redcurrant mousse.
- Wash the redcurrants and place them into a pot. Add a bit of water and let cook until boiling.
- Mash them with a fork while cooking. When they boil, cook for another few minutes
- Strain to get rid of seeds and pulp
- Whisk egg yolks with sugar and vanilla
- Add the red currant sauce and cook on low heat for 10 minutes, constantly stirring. It will thicken. Remove from heat and let it cool
- Whip the cream and combine it with th red currant mixture
- Place the mousse into serving glasses and leave them in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Serve them cold.
You can decorate it with more whipped cream and currants if you want to.